Our client is a $1.4 billion dollar company with more than 5,000 employees globally serving the financial services and insurance industries. We are evolving at a rapid pace and the clients we serve are challenged from every direction, which means we are growing and innovating to help drive their success. Working together, and differentiated by our superior data, analytics and data-enabled solutions, we empower our clients to make smarter business decisions through data-driven insights. We take initiative, are fully accountable, build respect and trust, make transparency a must—and engage, include and collaborate at every turn. We take pride in our work and believe in cultivating a work environment that supports and values our greatest asset: our talented employees.
The Director, Product Management – Catastrophe Risk Management and Reinsurance Markets is responsible for the planning, development and lifecycle management for the product line offerings catering to the Catastrophe Risk Management market, comprised primarily of the catastrophe risk management, Reinsurance and Insurance Linked Securities sectors. This position owns setting product direction as well as managing the establishment of distribution channel strategy. The position is accountable for collaborating with his/her peers in the Product Management organization to evaluate and create new market and product opportunities. This position will have responsibility for working with a team of catastrophe modeling and risk management product managers and analysts and will provide guidance/direction to cross functional teams to execute against product milestones. Works with sales and external partners in presenting product offerings, roadmaps and benefits. Interfaces with external partners as needed to enhance company product value proposition. This role is also responsible for revenue forecasting and achieving revenue and cost objectives. This position will help secure new business and ensure client satisfaction.
Must be able to travel 25-40% of the time.
- Establish strategic plans to seek out new market and product opportunities. Identify new areas of opportunity by analyzing market trends and competitive gaps, industry workflows, , customer requirements, workflows,.
- Prepare market presentations in support of business plans and strategy. Present ROI and financial analysis. Lead, participate and present values of products to key industry organizations, conferences and forums.
- Monitor industry trends and assess how they will impact the business.
- Partner with other senior managers to establish long term strategic plans and objectives. Lead new product definition and business plans across functions.
- Support the definition of the product strategy and assist with product roadmap validation, which includes prioritized features, corresponding justification and estimated costs. Work with business unit managers and staff to ensure plans are integrated with broader strategies.
- Determine ongoing current market opportunities. Guide pricing, distribution and competitive positioning in collaboration with peers in the sales organization
- Provide leadership in strategic planning for the Product Management Team. Monitor the development of business plans, manage lifecycles and product positioning in the marketplace.
- Achieve revenue and profitability objectives.
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders, including regulators, legislators, industry associations and suppliers.
*Posting Job Requirements
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Master’s degree in related field preferred
- 10+ years related experience in catastrophe, risk management, and reinsurance industries
- 7+ years management/leadership experience
- Pragmatic Marketing certification preferred
- Excellent project management, organization and customer service skills
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation, and group communication skills. Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical audiences. Strong communication skills and leadership “presence” to drive integration across all levels of the organization.
- Proven ability to understand complex business and technical concepts and to be able to make good judgment when faced with trade-offs.
- Demonstrated success of establishing, managing, and maintaining effective working relationships at the senior executive level, internal and external to the organization.
- Negotiation skills to influence strategic partnerships requiring coordination across functional lines or influencing senior leaders regarding matters of significance to the organization.
- Ability to work independently and maintain tight deadlines.
- Strong results orientation with demonstrated track record of success; display orientation to profitability.
- Experience with project development methodology (i.e., Agile, Waterfall, Extreme).
- High degree of adaptability
- Ability to excel in dynamic, fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to manage and execute within a complex and matrixed organization, assess optimal execution pathways.